Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Little Superhero


My youngest grandson Liam had a sleepover here this week. The photo is of him fresh out of the bath tub and ready for bed. His Batman PJ's and 'Flame' housecoat are his pride and joy at bedtime. 

In the morning we had a "pancake party". We had a discussion about what the best topping on a pancake was. He was adamant that it was Maple Syrup and Maple Syrup only. He knows what he wants and is not easily persuaded, but after a 'reasoned' dialogue on trying new things, I got him to try Strawberry Jam on a small piece of pancake. I was surprised that his verdict was that Strawberry Jam was now his favourite pancake topping. 

I love it when kids are open minded and teachable. He can have whatever he wants on his pancakes, but at least he was willing to try something new. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Keith said that he asked for jam on his pancakes yesterday!