Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bench Warming

I did get out on my bike today, but not in the early morning like I had planned. It was windy and overcast and the light was flat and gray. I had a leisurely morning for a change and then much later in the day, after all the chores and running around were done, I hopped on my mountain bike and cruised around a bit. There is an advantage to doing photography this way. You never have to find a parking spot and you can always get to the best vantage point easily. It was a bit cool though and I had to bundle up a bit. I checked out the International Friendship Garden again after having visited it in the spring. It is as ugly as ever and the only thing I thought that was even slightly photogenic was this bench, tucked away in a warm corner, sheltered from the wind. I softened the image somewhat, to make the bench more welcoming. I like this new style of park bench that is showing up in our local parks, but I think I needed a model to complete the photo.

No comments: