Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reflecting Reality

If you expand this photo and look closely, you will see that it is a reflection in water and I have turned the photo up side down. Yes, it was a very calm day.
I waited for a long time for a duck, a goose, a submarine, anything to add interest to the water, but to no avail. In the end, the reflection was good by itself.

A week before this photo was taken, the reflection would have been in the wet mud as the water level was lower here than I had ever seen it.
Paranoia is rampant in the press, the public, and now in the US presidential office. Obama has declared the H1N1 flu pandemic a national emergency. I just read this morning that your chances of dying of this flu are about the same as drowning in your bathtub. I guess it is time to call out the national guard because a lot of us are going to be taking a bath in the next 24 hours.
Fear and paranoia re: terrorist attacks, flu pandemics, global warming, oil shortages, you name it, are all used by the government to gain more power. Quite frankly, it is frightening.


1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

The autumn photos are great Terry. My favorite time of year.