Friday, October 9, 2009

Missing Blogology

This is what I see every morning right outside my kitchen window, as I am eating my breakfast. A family of birds would certainly make it more interesting. I should put up a 'Vacancy' sign.

I have really missed blogging regularly. There has just been no time. This is my busy time of year and after a days work, an evening out estimating and consulting, back home for some paperwork and crunching numbers for the quotes, I have put in at least a ten to eleven hour day. Add to that a trip to the hospital at least 5 times a week, to visit my father, and you can see that there just is no time to blog.

I think I have discovered a way to get around without hurting my hip. I cannot drive for more that ten minutes at a time, but tonight I experimented with my bike. I have not ridden for a few years, but after going around the block tonight (yes, I wore a helmet) I discovered that it was relatively pain free. My plan is to rise early tomorrow morning, don helmet and camera bag, and cruise around my end of town for some new photos. The leaves are starting to turn and if it is a sunny day, there will be good early morning light and if I am lucky, a bit of early morning fog. But, then again, I might just lay in bed and enjoy not having to get up and go to work. I am actually taking the long weekend off and I cannot miss the once a year opportunities to shoot some fall colours. Last year was spectacular for variety and intensity so we will see if this year is as good. With my new camera and Photoshop, I will make sure it is a good year.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I look forward to seeing your dramatic fall photos, as I am a FAN of the fall season... can't help but love the beauty of the changing leaves :) Hope your hip starts feeling better soon!