Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Red October


There is a most stunning view as one crosses Old Yale road at Mitchell St., entering the Heritage Trail to Fish Trap Creek South. There were numerous photographers out that day as one could not take a bad photo with all the eye popping red in the trees. The sun was partially obscured and the temperature was a balmy 17C and I believe we could not have chosen a better time to be out with the Nikon. I am loving my 70 - 200 zoom lens. I prefer the tightly cropped shots to the wide expanses of panoramic photos where there is plenty of material to look at, but all in the far distance. I was aching for an opportunity to try out my new triple coated Sigma polarizing filter but with the mostly flat light, it was not making any impact on the lighting of the photos. I will need a hot tropical vacation, near the equator, to test that piece of equipment to the fullest. That would be reason #17 to go south this winter and I only really needed one.

No comments: