Monday, October 19, 2009

A Golden Day

We are in mid October and the Autumn colours are at their peak. The rains of the last few days have pounded much of the colour into the ground and I was getting concerned that I would miss the golden opportunity that comes once a year, a photographer's dream. By next week, all could be gone, with only a few straggler leaves remaining, hanging on for dear life, their mates rotting on the ground below. My Nikon has been charged and ready to go at a moments notice. Yesterday was the day, but alas, we had other plans that took priority. Then a phone call in the early morning to say that the plan was put on hold so my chance to go photographing caught new life. Right after lunch, Lis and I hit the trails, the old familiar ones where I knew we would have plenty of colour without the city clutter. I pumped up on pain killers and we walked for hours, 'shooting' everything in sight. Over the next little while I will post some of the results of our tiring, yet exhilarating hunt for red October.

No comments: