Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At a Distance

This is an unassuming house, but it has a story. I got a call from its new owner. She said we could not meet but she had the ideas and the colour scheme all ready for me so I could get the house ready for the moving date a month down the road. She gave me colour numbers and wallpaper stock numbers, and told me I could get at it whenever it suited me. The neighbour had the key and I could keep it until she and her family arrived. She had looked at the house once, bought it, and then flew back to Ontario where she and her family lived. As I recall, we only spoke one more time on the phone before her arrival date. When I finally got to meet her, it was when she and her family walked across the threshold of their newly decorated home. She was thrilled and has been a customer of mine ever since. I like operating that way. Give me the plan and then get out of my way. I know what to do.  

No comments: