Friday, September 17, 2010

Spinning Tires = Burnout

This is a slightly manipulated photo of a portion of our friend's Bill and Ella's flower bed. We are going there for dinner tonight.


I think I have a lot of variety in my line of work, but there are times when I feel a bit burnt out from the mundane. I am in that spot now. I am working on probably the biggest job I have ever undertaken in all the years I have been contracting as a home decorator. I no longer look at this job as a single entity but as a series of hurdles and small projects that need to be defeated. Because the colour scheme and plan of attack are evolving one day at a time, it is difficult to know what to do in order to use my time efficiently and, indeed, today I am off to another job awaiting a colour decision. There are times when it seems unending, but, the way to eat an elephant, say those that eat elephants,  is one bite at a time. This is wearing on me physically and mentally and I cannot wait for weekends when I can recharge my batteries. I thought of taking today off, but the lovely folks whose children are letting us use their Palm Dessert home in December asked me very nicely if I could come and do one room for them, so, off I go. 'They', again, say that a change is as good as a rest. I will know by evening if this is true for me at this time.  

No comments: