Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to the Banker's

We really enjoyed working for this couple a few years ago. He is a retired banker, one of quite a few I have worked for. This house is in a subdivision of beautiful acreages with a deep ravine along the back. You can see the trees in the background on the top edge of the ravine. There was plenty of wildlife here, including a bear. There was also bare wildlife next door. To the right of this photo is another home with a very large bathroom facing the banker's breakfast nook. He told me that in winter when it was still dark in the mornings, the lady of the house would bathe in the tub in the big bay window that had no curtains or blinds, totally oblivious to the fact that her neighbours could see everything.
"Mind you, I try not to look," he said with a straight face. He should have hid the pair of binoculars on the window sill so I would have believed him. I got a call from them last week asking if I could come back for a small job resulting from some water damage. I will wait until winter and then go early in the morning. Of course, only to get my day off to an early start.  

No comments: