Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tiger Swallowtail

 While stalking a Hummingbird in the flower bed, I got an unexpected visitor.
Had I taken one or two photos like in the old days of film, I would have been disappointed. It was not until my 30th frame did I get some sharp images of this beauty. I kept on blasting away until she decided the nectar had run out. I tried different lenses, shutter speeds, apertures, and angles. What great fun when your model does not fly away on a whim.
Digital photography has given me a new appreciation for God's creation in that I see it through different eyes and when I review my photos on the large computer screen, I see things that my sixty year old eyes never saw through the lens. What a bonus! And because of my failing eyesight, I just want to publicly thank God for Auto Focus. I am serious because without it, the hobby that I love so much would be useless to me.

3 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

What a spectacular set of images Terry! Great work! They're so crisp and have such simple and clean backgrounds.

Terry said...

Thanks Eric. Nice when things come together.

Eric Vogt said...

It sure is Terry. It's like making a birdie on the last hole in a round of golf. It keeps you coming back for more next time.