Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stressed Out

Near Rosetown Saskatchewan

We have had a very productive week, but at a price. I am a bit stressed out as well as physically tired. Any time we get on a job that lasts more than ten days, I get a bit ragged on the edges from driving the same road day after day, walking into the same house day after day, and dealing with same issues day after day. We are in our fourth week on a very large reno and not yet half done. It is very involved and detailed and at times it feels like we are not making any progress. I need a break from this so I am working this Labour day weekend. I am holing myself up in a nice room in the Ramada Inn and am going to prime the walls and then hang commercial vinyl wall coverings. There was water damage from a plumbing leak on the floor above. This will be relaxing for me because I will be without a customer breathing down my neck and looking over my shoulder. It is not the easiest work but it is straight forward and the money is good. I am also doing this as a favour to a long time designer friend who has been good to me over the years, and was in a bind. I may or may not blog for the next few days. There are only so many hours in a day.

No comments: