Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Refuge

We have had some very warm days this summer and we have always found refuge in our home and in our garden. With our new windows, the inside temperature was always at least 5-7 degrees cooler inside than out. Also, I believe we live in a micro climate on our street. Many times I arrive home from work and find the temperature is a bit cooler here than where I have just come from. Then there is our garden which has a balance of sun and shade. Many years ago when we bought this property, we planted trees and now it is really paying off with beauty and with cooling shade in the hot summer months. Our deck used to be too hot to sit on but now covered in the shade of our Maple Tree, it is comfortable and also so wonderful to look out into the garden past this gorgeous hanging basket that busylizzy got for Mother's day last May. It only needs a good watering every day and it rewards us with continual renewal of its blossoms and greenery. When I eat my breakfast and look up, this is what I see every morning. The good night's rest refreshes my body, the Honey Bunches of Oats satisfies my appetite, and flowers renew my soul as I look up from my daily Bible reading. We all need refreshing in the various areas of our lives. Where do you find it?   

No comments: