Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another world

This is another of many delightful spots found on Evita's farm. When you enter the property off a busy main thoroughfare, you immediately feel the serenity envelope you. The traffic snarl is muffled by the mountainous hedges and is easily forgotten and never seen. There is a quiet peaceful charm at every turn, surprises around every corner and behind every stand of shrubbery. It is a labour of love and Evita is the most sharing person I have ever met. The farm was willed to her and in exchange, she shares it freely with all who need a little tranquility in their lives.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

My Mom was telling me the story about Evita and being willed the farm. Very cool and it sounds like she deserves it. My parents have been friends with her parents for many years as well. I don't know her very well, but from what I've heard she's a wonderful person. So cool that she'll have part of that movie filmed at her place.

P.S. Great photos! Hope it's ok if I stop by every once in awhile.

onewomanstreasures said...

Terry, again SO nice to meet you today. I'm glad you had a chance to come by. Filming was a success! A long, slow process - but fascinating. And Evita threw a feast that the production crew had never experienced! She's a gift.

As you post about the farm, and the filming, please feel free to insert a link to Ruth's website: www.gulagletters.com. This project is getting around mostly by word of mouth.

A million thanks - again - for the referral!

Jennifer Siemens