Monday, November 19, 2007

Gulag Letters Movie Location





This morning, I went to visit Evita's farm where the Gulag Letters project is filming its final scenes. It was a pleasure to meet Jennifer and her dad and speak to them briefly about the letters and the stories that are being portrayed in the movie. I got a real sense of their passion for the project and their hard work and sacrifice to see it through. Their enthusiasm is infectious. I encourage you to click on the link on the sidebar to see for yourself what this is all about.
Today, the story of escape from arrest was being portrayed in the old army barracks building that was hauled onto Evita's property, from the airport, after WWII. The windows and the old door latch are only representative of this old building and I am sure it will be perfect for the scene. The other two photos were taken in the warmth of summer and beckon me to revisit this haven once again, next summer.

No comments: