Friday, November 16, 2007

An introduction to a writing project.

I suppose there is no time like the present to reveal something that has been hidden for a few years, but was always meant to be shared with others, if they were interested. The following is an introduction to a collection of stories, all true and factual. The intro speaks for itself. I will begin with random selections, dividing the stories into mangeable chunks for those of us who have short attention spans.


The greatest lessons we can learn are from life itself. In our everyday routine, our jobs, our family life, in fact in all we do, we would do well to keep our eyes open to the wonders of life and the lessons we can take from it. I have spent most of my life in a self-employed business called 'Contract painting'. On the face of it, one might assume that all there is to learn is the techniques of painting and how to do a bit of book-keeping. If that would be all that there is to it, I would have pursued other avenues years ago. The real joy and challenge, as in many other occupations, comes with the everyday interaction with people.
People can be an absolute joy, an utter frustration, or an amazing revelation. We strive for 'things' in life, but when we lose those things or lose our health, or find ourselves in the midst of struggles, we turn to people.
So, because of the great treasure that people are, and the valuable lessons we learn from each other, I have made an effort to focus on people in my life's work.
Often, while working in someone's home, the occasion will arise when I can share a story or experience with my customer. Many times I have heard the comment " You should write a book". Writing has always been a pleasure for me so I began to collect and write down my experiences. I hope you enjoy them, and like me, learn some lessons from everyday life.
P.S. Don't try painting it yourself, call an expert.

2 comments:

poof said...

Well well well. My brother the writer. Welcome to blog land! You have now been taken over by a body snatcher called a Blog, and will never be the same again.

Anonymous said...

Dear sister, he will remain the same as always. His computer time will be equal to that of the past only some of his attention will be directed this way. Glad to see you posting your "stuff" Terry. Looking forward to seeing your terryography and your writing.