Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Rose

We were out for a walk today, enjoying the sun, but noticing how low it is in the sky. Two months from now, it will be thus. For the next two months it will be darker and the days shorter, the landscape dull and colourless, the sky mostly drab and grey, and I will find colour and cheeriness where I can, in my photos.
We have one rose left in our garden as of today. Not bad for November, but before you are too impressed, this is not it. Our lone winter rose is frost damaged on the edges and needing sunshine to show off its true beauty. This rose was photographed and slightly altered in summer. I have a vast collection of rose photos, to hold me through the winter.




1 comment:

poof said...

We want the real picture Terry, come on! The frost bitten shriveled flower. Where is it?