Saturday, June 28, 2008

Feeling Neglected


I bothered my neighbours early this morning, with lots of noise, partly to let them know that I do not appreciate them bothering me with noise late at night. The main reason I fired up the lawn mower, trimmer, and blower so early was to beat the heat. The gardens have been neglected all week and she who loves her garden is coming home tomorrow.
I discovered that my nighttime suspicions were accurate and it was the possums, and they did eat the last of the strawberries. I yearn for the pre-gun control days. I am not much for possum pie, but this one, fattened up with sweet ripe strawberries might have been worth eating. Mmmm. A possum stew with a sweet fruity undertone. But I digress.
I feel like that truck in my photo. Old, tired, worn out, and just neglected. I think that perhaps Gordo's spies have been checking my blog because every single person I have talked to has already received their 'carbon tax credit' cheque but me. I filled the tank on my pick-up anyways, depriving Gordon of a few cents by not waiting until July 1st. I realised, as the counter on the gas pump was spinning like a swirling dervish, that I had just doubled the value of my truck by filling it with gas!

No comments: