Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tunnel Vision


She who abandons her husband in pursuit of Alaskan pleasures had an opportunity of a life time today, and turned it down. The helicopter left without her, landed on top of a glacier, and then cruised the mountain tops of Juneau. 'Fear of getting cold' was the reason. It certainly was not the cost because somebody else was paying for it. But life is full of mysteries so why should I ponder over one more.
She who is now richer than me, received her 'Carbon Tax Refund Cheque' today and I did not. Another mystery to ponder, especially if I don't get mine by tomorrow. If I get one, it will go to purchase enough fuel for 1 1/4 tanks of gas. Tanks, Gordon. Life's a gas. Now we can watch inflation drive up the cost of everything we require to live. But don't worry. It is 'revenue neutral'. I think I am catching on to that phrase. With inflation, my revenue becomes neutral. And just when I am considering retiring.

No comments: