Monday, June 16, 2008

Hazy Daisy


Those of you who read ODB probably now think that I am a plagiarist. Truth be told, I did not read the Sunday entry until this morning and it was then I realized that my post on Father was so close to it that it looked like a copy. Pure coincidence, I assure you. The premise is not unique so that two authors would come up with the same idea on Father's Day is not really a stretch.
My Father's Day was the best. The loveliness of my life and my favourite son took me out for a really great Father's Day Brunch at a very popular local restaurant and we were very fortunate to even get in without a reservation. The day was sunny and bright and I later walked to my own father's home where I had a good long visit and gave him his annual new shirt. He liked it, or so he says. How could he not. It is blue like his other three. We then went to my favourite daughter's for the most wonderful BBQ on the patio. The chicken and shrimp skewers were done to perfection and after loading up on not one, but two amazing deserts, we had a good long soak in the hot tub, grandsons and all. I love my family and spending time with them is the best a father can do on 'his' day. Thanks, you guys, it was wonderful.

No comments: