Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A New Kit

I have been browsing through a British publication dedicated to Digital Photography. They call a photographer's collection of cameras, flashes, tripods, lenses, etc. his 'kit'. I have been toying with the idea of a new kit for some time now. To get really serious, one needs not only a great camera, but a few very expensive lenses and some new software programs to take advantage of the RAW format that allows the photographer to be super creative. As hobbies go, this is not as expensive as, say golfing, over the long term. Here is the problem. I want to get back into golfing in my retirement, and I just know that after a few years, the constantly changing technology in photography will 'force' me to purchase yet another new 'kit'. How can one continue this mad cycle with retirement income? Excuse me while I rush off to work.

No comments: