Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spill


Today's photo is a scene I saw in a farmer's field in Bradner. I believe what happened is that he was carrying about one million buttercups in his wheel barrow, tripped on a root, and spilled the yellow blossoms all over his property. After examining the damage, he decided it was rather pretty and just left it and the barrow where they fell. If you have a better explanation, I would like to hear it.
She that cruises was in Ketchican this afternoon. I have never been there. Neither has she until today. Tomorrow she will be parked in front of the Hubbard Glacier, along with 1800 other cruisers, waiting to see some 'calving'. How a chunk of ice falling into the water ever became 'calving' is beyond me. This name was obviously not penned by a cattle rancher. I have never been there, but tomorrow she can say that she was. I stayed home and today I worked. I have been here before and tomorrow I will be here again. After work I will plop an ice cube into my Pepsi and be amazed. I will call it 'calving'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a trace of sour grapes emerging from your lonely heart?