Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Man of Great Accomplishment


Early this morning, Eugene Reimer passed away. Reading the front page article in today's paper will make it obvious that he was a man of great accomplishment and an inspiration to many. He was a world class athlete, and yet I found him to be a humble individual. I first met him many years ago when he asked me to do some work for him. He then recommended me to the rest of his family and I have had off and on contact with him for many years since. I last saw him at a memorial service for a mutual friend. We chatted for at least an hour, a most enjoyable experience. I was saddened to hear in February that he was hospitalized due to a stroke. More recently, I had heard that he was not doing well, and only days later, I contracted to re-decorate his suite in the Towne Centre Tower, which had been sold by his family. They said he would not be coming back. Today, I learned of his death. I read it on a notice board in the lobby of his Condominium Tower as I was coming down from his suite. He will be on my mind every minute as we complete the job for the new owner.

No comments: