Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Poppies

We are told that when God created us, we were created in His image. I was always hoping He was more handsome than me, but seriously, what is it about us that is a likeness of Him and why would he do that? I believe that some of the attributes that we as humans have in common are the likenesses the Bible talks about. To list a few: our capacity for love, our sense of justice, our creativity, our yearning for friendship, and our sense of humour. I have never met someone totally lacking in humour, although I have come close. I think he has made us somewhat like him so we have some inkling as to what he is like. If he was totally unknown to us, we would perhaps only fear him, or at best, not want to know him. I believe God is demonstrating his sovereignty and his sense of humour these days. With the help of David Suzuki and Al Gore, it seems that most of the world has fallen into the belief that we are heading for Global Warming and that we, as humans can somehow control the weather if we just do this or that. Jesus disciples exclaimed, "What manner of man is this that the wind and the waves obey his command?" This was when Jesus calmed the storm simply by uttering a few words. This spring, he is causing unseasonably cold temperatures as if to say, "It is I who am in control of the very nature I created!" I find this both awe inspiring and humorous at the same time, although I don't think David and Al are laughing right now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thoughts to ponder & wonder about. Thanks, P.K.