Friday, June 20, 2008

Pondering


Now that the jogger has passed us by, we can sit at the picnic table beside the calm waters and ponder the words of the young poet in the previous post. There is a sad truth that grips everyone who reads those words. Is it the human condition to be dissatisfied, no matter the circumstances? We can have moments of absolute joy and satisfaction, rarely, but then when we try to recreate them, or extend them, it never seems to work. Something is missing. A deep yearning that there is more. I know we all feel it, and in all the various areas of our lives. I believe it is in our DNA, put there by our creator, to help us realize that there is no true fulfilment in life apart from Him. I suppose that we will never truly live in the moment to the true and utmost joy we are capable of, until we have passed into the next life and live in the mansions of glory that are being prepared for us right now. So I will keep on yearning, not feeling guilty, but knowing that my thirst and my appetite for pure joy will someday be fully satisfied. And I will continue to savour the appetizers that come my way.

No comments: