Friday, June 13, 2008

Pansies Love Company


It looks like my post of yesterday attracted a bit of attention. It was very high in the 'Google search' for Pierre P. who was lambasted for being honest. There were some hits from Ottawa so I am wondering if the 'correctness Nazis' will be at my door soon with a gag order. If I hear somebody say something outrageous, stupid, or even hateful, I will ignore him/her but will defend their right to have the freedom to say what they want. If I do not, I have no right to demand that I be heard when the right of free speech is taken from me. Great ideas are born of vigorous honest debate where the freedom to say what is important to the issue is valued. Fairness and good taste have degenerated into political correctness and we are all the poorer for it.

No comments: