Saturday, August 23, 2008

At Last



"The bounty of the Harvest" is an expression we are all familiar with but only those who grow food experience it. First it was the strawberries, apples, grapes, then the cucumber, and now the Cherry Tomatoes that I have been showing you, all foods grown on our properties. Unless you only eat out of a bag, can, or box, you can appreciate my excitement.
In my secret laboratory, in the depths of my basement, I have long abandoned my pet project of developing a tree that grows money. My new project is trying to create a hybrid plant that grows Mars Bars. I have started with a small bush that grows cocoa beans, but have run into a problem getting beyond that. This obviously requires more research and between ripe red Cherry Tomatoes, I will be dissecting many a Mars Bar.