Friday, August 22, 2008

Cucumber


We have been waiting for this little guy for a while now and today he was big enough to pick. He will not be getting into a pickle, but rather a salad. Fresh and home grown cannot be beat. Speaking of pickles, I was telling my friend and good customer, Irene, about our pickle woes. We have not been able to find our favourite, Bick's Yum Yums bread and butter pickles. The closest thing has been a product that comes from of all places, India! At the end of the day, what do I find in my truck but two jars of Bick's Yum Yums. As if this was not generous enough, she made pickles the very next day, big juicy dill pickles in brine, and gave me a huge jar. We have been enjoying both tremendously the last two days and I think of how sweet she is every time I take a sour bite.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You couldn't find Bick's Yum Yums? Mom must be shopping at the wrong store. They are not hard to find :)

Terry said...

Super Store, Costco, Safeway did not have any and has not had any for quite some time.