Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Collection Day For Bees


I now have conclusive proof of my theory outlined in my blog post of a few days ago. Canada's medal count is absolutely determined by my viewing habits. Every day that I have not watched, Canada has been winning, and more than once. Yesterday I watched a few events and of course we won not a single medal. Not only that, but the one event that I did watch with a Canadian participant was the Taekwando. The match was between Sweden and Canada and our girl obviously dominated the match. However, every time she scored a point the judges did not register it on the score board. It was speculated later that the Chinese judge did not want the Canadian to win because she was the better contestant and the winner of the match was to go up against China in the next round. So much for impartial judging.
So with this volume of proof that I am solely responsible for the outcome of the medal count for my country, I have a proposal to make. If someone makes it worth my while, I will change citizenship to ... say USA, and at the next Olympics I will cheer for my country and watch the competitions every day, thereby ensuring that the USA will get no medals. Any takers?

No comments: