Sunday, August 17, 2008

Clusters

Like grapes, these hot days seem to come in clusters. Unlike grapes, they are not very sweet and refreshing. The average temperature for this time of year is around 24 C. As I was watching the weather forecast on TV, I was wondering why when the temp. goes ten degrees above normal, they call it a gorgeous day, a marvelous day, what we have been waiting for etc. etc. But were the temperature to go below the average by ten degrees, there would weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and lamentations. Either way it is ten degrees off normal and given a choice, I would take the cooler of the two. Put on a jacket and get over it. As it is now, I have discarded my clothing and there is nothing left to take off. I am still hot. This is marvelous?! I think not. ( I am staying away from the mirrors)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

8 months pregnant and a humidex of 38 several days in a row.
I am ready to commit a crime.

Anonymous said...

Good plan, Terry! Scary!

Terry said...

With an ice pick?? Hang in there Rachel. By tomorrow your criminal tendencies will be a thing of the past.

And Gaye, you can open your eyes again. It is now cool enough to put my clothes back on.