Sunday, August 10, 2008

When Plants Do Time


For many years I watched Sophie grow up in the shadow of her brother, who was a soccer player destined for great things, and actually did end up going to an American University on a full soccer scholarship. They practiced endlessly in the field at the end of the street or in their back yard right next to my patio. She is a very pretty, bright, and determined girl who also happens to be quite intelligent and personable. So it was quite a thrill to watch her and her team mates on the Canadian Olympic Women's Soccer team tie China in a match I was able to watch yesterday. After two games they are undefeated and did look very strong. Who would have thought, when she was a young girl, that it would be her that was destined for great things.
My only other connection to the Beijing Olympics is that I like Chinese food.

No comments: