Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dying


I saw this butterfly flutter up from the garden into the cedar hedge and ran for my camera. Not until I downloaded the image onto my computer did I see that it was in really rough shape and was dying. A little while later it was lying in the grass, gasping its last breath. I think that is what it was doing but probably butterflies cannot gasp.
I think of the national Liberal Party and how it has been trying to find an issue that resonates with Canadians so they can get enough of us on side to call an election. How sad when a political party thinks they can woo us with a new tax! When I was a kid, my father would give me an incentive to do a task, not punish me in advance so I would do it. But that is what these carbon taxes are. Tax freedom day in Canada is well into July these days and now Dion wants to push it into August. I predict he will not get any support for this idea and there will not be an election called on this issue in the fall. Of course, some other issue could arise, as often happens, but all things being equal, I believe that Canadians will be satisfied with the Conservatives for some time to come. In the interim, be careful how much you gasp as this only increases the amount of Carbon Dioxide you are spewing into the atmosphere and this is causing global warming. Yeah, right.

No comments: