Friday, August 8, 2008

Rose, Beautiful Rose.


No, this is not the same rose as yesterday. Can one have too many photos of roses? I think not. For those who are tired of the same old, same old, there is the Abbotsford Airshow this weekend. But just a minute. The Abbotsford Airshow is the same old, same old. I am not against it but I must say that I have not been in many years. It seems to me to be one of those things that when you've seen one, you've seen them all. It is too much to endure for a 20 minute thrill at the end to see the 'big boys' in all their glory doing everything but dropping bombs on the Blueberry fields.
So we will try the Olympics. They are fresh and new only because many of the athletes are there for the first time. I find them mildly interesting, however all the hoopla and blown money for the opening and closing ceremonies seems an incredible waste to me.
Last but not least is the BC Lions attempt tonight to redeem themselves against the Edmonton Eskimos. In my opinion, this is the best bet for getting away from the same old, same old this weekend.

1 comment:

poof said...

So much for the airshow. The only thing in the sky this morning is thick clouds and pouring rain. Does this mean it will be a quiet weekend? Does this mean the freeway will not be backed up for miles? One thing for sure, my garden is getting a very good, much needed watering.