Thursday, March 26, 2009

April Snow

I took this photo two years ago on April 2nd. The flowers were way ahead of this year, but then we had a nice dump of snow right on top of them. We have Daffodils and Tulips planted in this very same bed this year but they are only green spikes with the exception of one stunted Daffodil bud, a brave soul who seems to be not afraid of anything. We had just returned from two weeks in Palm Springs and were wishing we had stayed there a little longer.
Today was a very physical day for me and I was feeling my age a little more than usual. I am grateful for work, and grateful that I am still capable of doing what is required on the job, but am feeling the limitations built into this old body, more all the time. So the dilemma is this. As long as I work hard and often, I remain healthy and strong. If I holiday too much, I become lazy and weak and that brings its own set of health problems. Of course, the compromise is to play hard while vacationing. Catch 22: Without the hard work, there is no money with which to pay for the hard playing vacation, and without the vacation, there is a dreariness that settles in to make the aging process accelerate.
I must stop posting about missed vacations. I feel a depression settling in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we are all for vacation, fun and sun...and the old bones are aching less I am happy to report. I think a renewed energy could come from this type of vacation for you (rather than a lazy thought).... so QUICK!!! we are here for almost 3 more days...come join us. F & E

Terry said...

Oh, if only it were that easy!

Susan said...

I know exactly what you mean!!!