Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ocean Falls

I have decided to embark on a little blog project that I have been contemplating for some time now. I spent three years of my life in the small coastal community of Ocean Falls and it was a turning point in my life. It was a unique little town and I had many interesting experiences there. I will take you on a journey of a young man in his late teens who was yearning for a new life and full independence from his family. The adventure was stumbled upon but with hindsight, it turned out to be a key event in the grand plan for my life. The memories are vivid and the photos still rich with colour and detail so I hope you enjoy reading as much as I am going to enjoy recalling the years 1969 to 1972. Of course there will not be a steady diet of this stuff, but it will fill in the gaps when other more pressing issues cease to press.

2 comments:

On This Rock said...

Fabulous picture...and we look forward to the stories to come. Could this be the beginnings of a book?

Ian said...

I've been absent for a while, at least as far as getting to read your blog, Terry.

But I got back on this morning, and love what you're writing. Well-thought, well-written, and insightful. I'd recommend it for everyone!

Ian