Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cross and Cross Eyed


I told you about my glasses. The pair for work got taped up with electrical tape first, and when that did not work, masking tape. Because they would not fold for placement in my pocket, I needed a string to hang them around my neck. We found a fluorescent red cord meant for just such a thing, but the plastic loops were too loose so we cinched up the loops with green thread. I call them my Christmas Glasses but they were to last only for today.
Good thing too because one arm had no tension in it so the glasses sat lop-sided on my head and I felt cross eyed all day. Whenever I took them off, the room got blurry and started spinning. And I am working like this?
The Optical Center did not call like they said they would, so I called them. Apparently somebody lied to me because there is no way they could arrive by today, or even tomorrow. In fact, they will not be here until next week. I have never lied to a customer to get their business so no I am both cross and cross eyed.

2 comments:

Gaye said...

Now I'm curious. Which company? If it's Pearl Vision, I'm not surprised.

Rachel said...

Our eye doctor and optometry place is the bestest....shoulda gone there istead :)