Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Windows at Last


I like my new windows but this one has a slight defect.
I am sitting at my desk with my monitor off to one side, a rat's nest of cables in front of me, and a mouse cord interfering with my typing. That is because I cannot organise my desk back to its former condition until 'the boys' return tomorrow to trim and caulk the inside of my new window in my office, and of course clean it. I was amazed that three men were able to replace 17 old aluminum single glazed windows with new vinyl, double glazed, energy star rated windows in only 6 hours! What is left is a rather large living room window, a sliding patio door, a main front entry door with side lights, a rear basement door, and the back kitchen door that leads to the patio. Their scheduler gave them 4 days to do the task. Do you not think I should be getting a discount?
Regardless, the windows are a vast improvement in efficiency, appearance, and sound proofing and so far, we are very happy with them.
This morning the house was cold, to say the least, with gaping holes letting in the cold December air. I ran out to do an errand and while I was out I happened to be near a travel agency, so I wandered in, looking for trouble. I found it and ten minutes later I had a nice warm vacation booked. What? Did you think that now because our house will be nice and warm that we are going to hang around here all winter? Funny thing was, I phoned a friend as the trip was being booked and a few seconds later, he gave the agent his credit card number and now it seems we have company!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Could you email me your holiday dates so I can arrange alternate babysitting?!