Friday, December 11, 2009

Outa' Sight


I mentioned yesterday that I was looking forward to getting some new glasses. There was another reason (other that better vision) and that is that I need new work glasses and I usually have single vision lenses put into my old frames specifically for work. They give me perfect vision at arms length where all my work takes place. The old work glasses are bent and have been crazy glued a few times and not really tough, like a work tool should be. I should have just ordered a pair anyways, but was in a hurry and thought it could wait.
Late this afternoon, my work glasses snapped. They are done. Finished. Kaput. Irreparable. I now have no choice but to take time off work and go get re-tested and order a pair. Meanwhile, I will have to wear my progressives. For those of you own a pair of these, you know that you cannot look up and get a clear view of anything close up, unless you put your head right back on your butt, something I am not allowed to do since all my neck adjustments. How will I get through the next week? Good question. If I had a third hand, I could simply hold a huge magnifying glass in front of my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do what Wayne does...get a pair from the dollar store or the pharmacy. I was advized at the optomatrist that for people who lose their glasses alot they will work just as well.
Chris