Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back to Houses I Have Worked In


It has been a while since I have posted a house that I have worked in. It was a project I started some time ago and have put on the back burner for a time.
This is a case where I remember the customer so much more than the house or the work I did in the house. When I first met Linda (not her real name) she lived in a modest house on the other side of town with her four daughters. Her husband was killed in an industrial accident and she was a new widow. He had left her a lot of money so she moved to this house a year or two later and I again did some work for her. By this time, only two daughters were living at home. She was still unmarried. The next time I would work for her, she would be married and living through a big renovation in a luxurious home. I heard recently that she took her own life as a result of depression. She was a wonderful Christian lady who was dealt a bad hand in life and could not overcome. I think of her often as I drive past the four different homes I worked in for her.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This makes me very sad. I remember when you worked for her. I wish she could have reached out for help.