Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good News

As I cruise through my various favourite news sites, I scan the headlines, looking for something interesting, something that will catch my eye. As you well know, most of what we read, see, and hear on the news is negative. Many have advocated for more 'good news', thinking that it will boost our moods and attitudes into the positive range. But what kind of 'good news' would attract you? "Boy Scout helps little old lady across street"? "Homeless person finds a home"? "Carbon 'footprint' found to be irrelevant"? 
How about "Chocolate found to reduce heart disease"? Bingo!
That is what a Scandinavian study has concluded after a lengthy study. It actually reduces blood pressure much like drugs do, but with the only side effect being that your caloric intake has increased. So, now you can be fat and have a healthy heart. 
Now that is news I can get excited about.  

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey! You got MY attention!