Sunday, November 7, 2010

Change of Plan


I often meet people who tell me that they are going to give me a call because they are interested in having me do some work for them. Sometimes they call and sometimes they do not. That is normal, so when I hear that, I do not take it seriously until they call. Last year there was a couple I worked for who sold their larger home and moved into a townhouse. After doing a few days of work, they said they would call me when they were ready to complete the decorating in their new home. I had done their previous home so I was sure I would get a call. They did not call.
Today I met them at the bank. They said they would give me a call to come complete the job. They were very friendly and chatty and in the few minutes we had, I learned that he had broken his back from a fall off a ladder (he has since fully recovered) and their daughter, who is a young mom, almost died from a virus and was on a ventilator for weeks before she recovered. It shows how our best intentions can be interrupted, our plans changed, our priorities re-set. Barring any more disasters, I believe this couple will give me a call.  

  

No comments: