Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Repeat Business


The owner of this house, Bob (not his real name) had a cousin who I went to school with. The cousin and I were friends and his dad was a professional house painter. Bob got his uncle to paint the house he owned before he built this one. When my friend's dad was half done painting the house, he quit. He was past retirement and said that his vision was just not good enough to do a nice enough job for his nephew. That is where I came in and finished the job.
Bob and his wife have been very good customers ever since. I have now painted this house twice and two others besides. This particular house is very beautiful inside. It is quite large with a full finished basement and a large swimming pool in the private back yard. They now live in a very exclusive townhouse development in the finest part of town. We, of course, decorated it for them before they moved in.
I have so many loyal customers on whom I depend for my livelihood and who I appreciate so very much. They always tell others when they are happy about having us work for them.
The new owners of the original house, the one the uncle gave up on, got my name from Bob and now they are my loyal customers. I have been back to that house at least 8 times since I painted it for Bob.     

No comments: