Wednesday, November 24, 2010

X-ray Vision

Due to the explicit nature of the image, I took the liberty of blacking out the 'boobies' :)

When I was an adolescent, I was intrigued by the comic book Superman's powers of x-ray vision. I must admit that it still intrigues me. Fiction has become reality and it is causing a backlash in the airports of the world where this technology is being used. Recently, a brave young man refused the scan, and then balked at being patted down. He exclaimed that if it was not the government touching his privates, it would be 'sexual assault". Of course, he is right. This puts the authorities in a dilemma. As you can see from the above actual x-ray airport body scans, it is a clear invasion of privacy. What will be the next step in the fight against terrorism? There are many options, but none of them are politically correct. I would say that this one is not either.  

4 comments:

Rachel said...

sure makes me look forward to our flight next month...oi!

Anonymous said...

The terrorists appear to have us over the crotch and the bust. Get ready for the next security measure which will be a colonoscopy. Make sure you fast before you travel. L.B.

Terry said...

That will make 'security' the worst job at the airport. :)

Eric Vogt said...

Road trips seem a lot more appealing now!