Friday, November 26, 2010

Slip Sliding Away




Just a quick blurb on the white stuff. I had no idea how my new truck would handle in the snow, but today (Thursday) was a good test. The roads were messy and slippery this morning, during the commute, but we managed to get to work without incident. We parked on a sloping driveway only because we had no choice. Then it proceeded to snow all day. Late in the afternoon we cleared the windows and then with great trepidation and pessimism, I drove up the slope to the road and then down a steep hill with a sharp turn at the bottom. Then a very long steep hill upward on the way home. The light was green half way up the hill or we might still be there. There had been no salting or sanding and the temperature was climbing, making the snow greasy with an ice cold road underneath. My 'traction control light' was blinking and stammering all the way home, but we made it, and with only 'all season' radial tires. I was so relieved that I did not even mind shovelling the driveway when we got home. And my sidewalk. And my neighbour's sidewalk. I hear there is no snow in Palm Desert.  

1 comment:

missy1699@googlemail.com said...

i like your picture it brilliant
where did you go on holiday?