Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eagle Dinner


Eagles used to be a very rare sight in this country, but no longer. But it is still a thrill to see one this close in its natural habitat. There were two of them in this tree and as we rounded the bend on our dyke walk, we noticed a lady with a large poodle, running loose, and in her arms was her furry little lap dog, struggling to break free. The Eagles were screaming out to each other and the lady was hanging on for dear life. No doubt, the Eagles were planning an early dinner and good for the dog owner to recognize the danger. Imagine watching your pet being swept up by one of these diving predators!
Later, as I tried to get closer for a better shot of these magnificent birds, they suddenly lost interest in the dog, and me, and flew off.

1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

I'm thrilled each time I see these magnificent birds in the wild. They are just SO big! I've heard at the local wetlands they have been seen taking Canadian geese!