Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 17


Every creature here in the desert is a master of disguise. Can you spot the lizard? I caught movement in my peripheral vision and sensed that it stopped under this little bush. I looked for some time before I finally spotted it.


I forgot to post a photo of the exterior of our house so here it is. It looks deceptively small from the outside. It is long and quite large on the inside, something we are really appreciating with eight of us here now.
Today was low key for us. We walked with Liam to the Albertson's store for a few groceries. It was a warm morning in spite of a nasty weather forecast. We got home just in time because it rained for the next few hours. We now have another storm system over us and with it comes some arctic air. It will not be warm for the next week, but still warmer than at home.
We just got home from an Imax 3D movie, Tron. Visually stunning alright, but the plot eludes me. The technology for these types of movies keeps getting better and on the huge Imax screen it is so much like being in the scene that when there is a lot of movement one actually gets a bit queasy.
Tomorrow it is off to Joshua Tree Park. The last time I was there I was recovering from kidney surgery and was bleeding. It still impressed me so I am thinking that tomorrow I will appreciate it anew. And, of course, photos to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still practicing for that future "RETIREMENT" phase? Don't work to hard at it, keep enjoying your time off. Happy New Year!!!! Peter

Anonymous said...

P.S. In your photo of the house, I don't see any grass cutting needs to keep-up your "manly" skills. Only a "fast" car. Is this look, the ideal "retirement" scenario? Peter

Terry said...

The more I practice, the better it feels. I could spend the rest of my life here, at least the winters.