Friday, March 16, 2012

Done With Commuting


It is time to come out of hiding. We finished the four days of commuting into Delta and none too soon. It went well and we were never really held up in traffic, but spending an hour on the road before and after work is a bit tiring. I did it for about eight years in the eighties and one day I just snapped. I called my customers and the designers and builders I worked with and told them when I completed the projects I had started, I would no longer be available. I never regretted that move. Now, in 2012, it only took 4 days. My, how things change and how our tolerance levels drop as we age.

Two of the days we were there it snowed buckets and most days the drive there and back were in downpours of rain and/or wet snow. The last drive home was in sunshine as if God was giving us a little reward for having stuck it out.

No comments: