Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Sequel


The opportunity to read the sequel to "The Kommandant's Girl" came this last weekend so I dove right into it. The political intrigue and the espionage of Nazi occupied Poland is replaced with post war Communism and the early stages of the Cold War in "The Diplomat's Wife".  Although the main character in this story is a minor character from the last book, the suspense is definitely a carry over. There are plenty of plot twists and closed doors once again opened that the reader can expect just about anything as the story progresses. There is a definite intertwining of the characters from the last book and it helped to have read it. The book reads like a good old-fashioned spy novel with an intriguing romance twist put in for good measure. On second thought, I suppose that first and foremost it is a love story. I am grateful that busylizzy and I did not start off our lives together in the same manner as the two heroes in this book. 
I would give this book the same rating as the last Pam Jenoff novel I read, and that is a 4 star.   

No comments: