Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reminisce


The wet and blustery commute this morning was only made bearable by my ability to zone out and tap into the embedded memories of a warmer and sunnier time only a few months ago. 'They' say that the few days after a time change are hazardous for drivers. The missed one hour of sleep causes drowsiness and a lack of concentration. Add to that the lack of light so early in the morning, and the rain and wind driving against the windshield and you have a recipe for a mishap. I happened to do perfectly fine even though the odds were not in my favour. I attribute that to the wonderful memory I conjured up of sitting in the town square of the sleepy village of Bucerias, Mexico, one bright and sunny Sunday morning. The church goers were streaming through the open doors of the ornate Catholic church, preparing themselves for Mass. I gazed upwards into the perfectly blue sky and saw the bell and clock tower of the mini cathedral, framed by the bright red Bougainvillea blossoms. The sun was quite hot at 10:45 am, but I had just heard of the news of snow back home. It made me edge a little further into the direct sunlight.
The memory was so vivid that I had to turn down the heat in my truck and I was actually able to smile at the guy in the Honda who cut me off.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hahaha :) I need to get me some of those memories!