Sunday, March 11, 2012

Traffic


In a moment of weakness, I gave in to the pleadings of a designer and consented to going outside of my territory to look at a job yesterday. As the Lower Mainland continues to over populate, the traffic becomes heavier and the commute takes up too much of the day if I venture out of my home town.
I was able to drive the 50 Km. in under an hour, but it was a Saturday afternoon.
After negotiating a price, the customer contracted my services and I am on for Monday morning. That was fast, but we had an opening in our schedule that needed filling.
Now we will see what weekday traffic will be like. I expect the job to take a week and I expect that I will have more resolve the next time someone asks me to work out of town. In case the blog posts are few and far between this week, you now know why.

1 comment:

Gaye said...

You can add 1.5 hours each way!
Yippee!