Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cell Phones


There is a proposal being put forth to ban cell phone, blackberry, and text messaging use while driving, in Ontario. I am not usually one for more rules and regulation but when stupidity and carelessness prevail, new laws are sometimes necessary. I have stopped using my cell phone while in my vehicle because of the disconnect it creates between me and what is going around around me. My awareness levels are cut in half and although auto pilot works well most of the time, it is not a good idea to use it most of the time. A driver should never depend on the other guy's vigilance as it takes both drivers to avoid nasty situations. This is one law that should be applied across the country. If you disagree, get yourself a bluetooth hands free device. Looking geeky is better than being a hazard on the roads.

No comments: